Tennessee Housing Development 2018 HOME Housing Rehabilitation Program
Marion County received a grant award from the Tennessee Housing Development Agency in the amount of $500,000 to be used toward housing rehabilitation.
· Rehabilitation and Reconstruction are eligible activities.
Who is not Eligible?
· Residents that live outside the limits of Marion County
· Homeowners that live in a floodplain
· Immediate family members of Marion County Officials
· Employees of Marion County that exercise any responsibility related to the administration of the HOME Program
· Mobile or Modular Homes
· Households that are over income
· The applicant must be low or very low income as defined by Section 8 income requirements, i.e., below 80% of area median income
· The applicant must have been the resident of the property to be rehabilitated for a period of not less than one year and must occupy the property as his or her principle residence
· The applicant must voluntarily apply for assistance
· All homeowners must have or be able to acquire homeowners insurance adequate to cover all encumbrances on the property before the project is complete
The Southeast Tennessee Development District will assist Marion County with administrating the program.
Pre-applications are available at the Marion County Mayor’s office at One Courthouse Square, Suite 105, Jasper, TN 37347 during regular business hours, 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. CST. Applications may also be obtained by calling SETDD Housing Services at 423 424 4242.
The deadline to apply is February 28, 2019.